Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Nearly half of American Adults see the government today as a threat to individual rights rather than a protector of those rights.
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of Adults see the government today as a threat to rights. Thirty-seven percent (37%) hold the opposite view. Fifteen percent (15%) are undecided.
Most Republicans (74%) and unaffiliateds (51%) consider the government to be a threat to individual rights. Most Democrats (64%) regard the government as a protector of rights.
Additionally, most Americans (52%) say it is more important for the government to protect individual rights than to promote economic growth. Just 31% say promoting economic growth is more important. But again a sizable number (17%) of Adults aren't sure which is more important.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
I am not sure if this is the right wording for this proposed Constitutional Amendment. But it is worth looking into.
For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform that is being considered... in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn't seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don't care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop. This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come.
Have each person contact a minimum of twenty people on their Address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.
Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ."
Friday, June 25, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
You just spent $20,000,000 to move members/supporters of Hamas, a terrorist organization, to the United States ; housing, food, the whole enchilada.
H.R. 1388 was passed, behind our backs. You may want to read about it... It wasn ' t mentioned on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN screen.
Obama is paying $20 million in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA . This is the news that didn't make the headlines...
By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza .
The "presidential determination," which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States , was signed and appears in the Federal Register.
Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.
Now we learn that he is allowing thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.
These important, and insightful, issues are being "lost" in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.
Doubtful? To verify this for yourself: www.thefederalregister.com/d.p/2009-02-04-E9-2488
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
When we hear talk about the philosophical direction of our country under Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Barack Obama, it is vitally important to understand one thing:
Communism is a precise political philosophy, with an exact political meaning. Either the definition fits or it does not fit. The trouble is that most Americans do not know what communism actually is, or even what socialism is. How can you recognize soemthing if you do not know what it is?
Communism is a collectivist political philosophy in which private property rights, personal freedoms, and private interests are drastically reduced or destroyed entirely to serve the collective common good. Obviously, living in any society requires giving up some personal autonomy to live in a civilized society. However, the American concept of liberty puts the emphasis very strongly on the individual, with the minimum government regulation possible. A socialist political philosophy tramples on individual rights and liberties in favor of massive, centralized, government regulation. A communist philosophy is similar, but goes much farther. A communist philosophy assumes that people's personal interests must be surrendered to a massive, all-powerful, centralized government.
During the 1960's, the Democrat Party as we once knew it was hijacked by "The New Left." The Democrat Party of John F. Kennedy no longer exists. As documented by some of its former leaders (who have seen the light), the "New Left" was an explicitly and openly revolutionary movement heavily influenced by radical socialism if not communist ideology and even supplied with funds from communist nations. Today, their socialist and even communist ideas have become so mainstream, that they are accepted without notice. Many politicians today do not even realize that what is coming out of their mouths is straight out of Marxist philosophy. Through ignorance of history and political thought, we do not even recognize what our government is doing. Some politicians espouse Marxist philosophies without even knowing where those ideas originally came from.
So when Barack Obama glibly told "Joe the Plumber" that his goal as President would be to "spread the wealth around," this was an openly communist agenda. Did Obama know this, or has it just become so commonplace among the Democrats he hangs around that it just sounded normal to him? Obama also announced 5 days before the 2008 election that his movement was 5 days away from "fundamentally transforming America." A new health care system in which people can be fined and put in jail for not buying government-approved health insurance (not just any insurance, but only bureaucrat-approved insurance) is not consistent with America's political philosophy of individual liberty. Obama's Administration now owns banks and car companies, and has fired the Presidents of private companies, and wants to tell private companies what they can pay their executives.
Click PAUSE to read the newspaper articles.
A report prepared during World War II by the United States Office of Strategic Services described Hitler's psychological profile:Hitler's primary rules for manipulating society were: -- never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard59 Days Into Oil Crisis, Gulf Coast Governors Say Feds Are Failing Them
I regret that Blogger does not display comments in a way that they are easy to see (without hunting for them), because I value an exchange of ideas and a discussion of these topics. I would like the commenters' points to be prominently visible. I hope to transform this blog into a more sophisticated website that will allow that.
However, I would like to comment myself on the comment, because (independently of the importance of hearing all sides in a discussion) I happen to think that the comment illustrates the classic Obama spin:
This is funny, right? This entire website is devoted to reveal the extent to which the Democratic Party is trampling on civil liberties, and centralizing government. Yet in order to hold this view, you have to forget the lasting negative effects of the previous administration. You can look at the patriotact, for instance. For more economic destructions that occurred during the lastadministration, you can research the eclipse of WTO treaties in the United States,and the NAFTA superhighway.I don't believe that those who run this website consider these things, because thisis a google ad hut, where they direct you to pointless jargon in order to sell clickable ads.What a shame.
June 18, 2010 3:52 AM
I want to comment because this reflects the STANDARD formula being followed Every objection to the direction of the country is "answered" by saying "why didn't you object to these things under Bush?"
Well, WE DID object under Bush. That's the first problem with the argument.
Back in 2005, all the well-known conservatives and conservative organizations were screaming about massive overspending under a Republican Congress and President Bush. The reason that the Republicans lost in 2006 is that conservatives went on strike, and stayed home. (And I don't mean on election day, I mean in the thousands of actions that need to take place during an election leading up to election day.)
If the Republican Party does not have a "come to Jesus" moment like "the Prodigal Son" and return to its conservative roots, conservatives will not continue to play the sucker and support the GOP. There will be a third party "Tea Party" -- and at this point conservatives don't give a damn whether it succeeds or not. Conservatives ar enot going to keep subsidizing disastrous GOP policies of over-spending and expanding big government.
NEXT, the World Trade Organization treaty (GATT) was signed BY BILL CLINTON in 1995. Not by a Republican. NAFTA was pushed through the Senate by Bill Clinton and by Al Gore's famous debate with Ross Perot.
The "New Left" embarked on a deliberate plan to hijack the Democrat Party in the 1960's, and has become a truly Marxist party. The Republican party has FAILED to distinguish itself and create a contrast. The GOP has from lack of backbone fallen into a "me too" surrender, instead of standing up and fighting.
THAT is the point of this website: To educate, inform, and motivate peopl to understand that the Democrats of the "New Left" are truly Marxists, and that the GOP needs to START opposing this Marxism in America.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
If successful, Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli's lawsuit woudl repeal the "Obama Care" legislation. A hearing has been scheduled in Richmond in Federal Court on July 1.
Friday, June 18, 2010
BP Oil Spill: Against Gov. Jindal's Wishes, Crude-Sucking Barges Stopped by Coast Guard
59 Days Into Oil Crisis, Gulf Coast Governors Say Feds Are Failing Them
By DAVID MUIR and BRADLEY BLACKBURN
June 17, 2010
Eight days ago, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal ordered barges to begin vacuuming crude oil out of his state's oil-soaked waters. Today, against the governor's wishes, those barges sat idle, even as more oil flowed toward the Louisiana shore.
Louisiana Governor Jindal frustrated over decision-making red tape.
"It's the most frustrating thing," the Republican governor said today in Buras, La. "Literally, yesterday morning we found out that they were halting all of these barges."
Coast Guard Orders Barges to Stop
So why stop now?
"The Coast Guard came and shut them down," Jindal said. "You got men on the barges in the oil, and they have been told by the Coast Guard, 'Cease and desist. Stop sucking up that oil.'"
A Coast Guard representative told ABC News today that it shares the same goal as the governor.
"We are all in this together. The enemy is the oil," said Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Dan Lauer.
But the Coast Guard ordered the stoppage because of reasons that Jindal found frustrating. The Coast Guard needed to confirm that there were fire extinguishers and life vests on board, and then it had trouble contacting the people who built the barges.
The governor said he didn't have the authority to overrule the Coast Guard's decision, though he said he tried to reach the White House to raise his concerns.
"They promised us they were going to get it done as quickly as possible," he said. But "every time you talk to someone different at the Coast Guard, you get a different answer."
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Obamaland collapsing in Illinois (GOP set to win Governorship, Obama’s Senate seat, pick up House seats)
FRED BARNES – WEEKLY STANDARD: Obamaland is crumbling. Democrats have firmly controlled Illinois, the president’s home state, for nearly a decade, turning it into what one Republican called “a deep blue state.” But this has changed almost overnight. In the midterm elections on November 2, Democrats stand to lose the governorship, Obama’s old Senate seat, two to four House seats, and any number of state legislative seats and down-ticket statewide offices.
Democrats have been hit by a perfect storm, mostly of their own making. Illinois rivals California and New York as a fiscal and economic basket case.
Democratic misrule has reached epic proportions, with the school districts, vendors, and doctors who treat Medicaid patients going unpaid for months. Unfunded state liabilities are mounting. And on top of all that, the trial of impeached former governor Rod Blagojevich, already dominating the news, is expected to continue for months.
“Who would have guessed two years ago that Illinois would be in play,” says veteran Republican official Pat Durante. “Thank you, Democrats, for screwing things up.”
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
"The American President told me in confidence that he is a Muslim," said Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit on Nile TV. That could explain why Obama has instructed that the term "Islamic extremism" no longer be used in official government documents and statements.
"Obama told me he is still a Muslim, who supports the Muslim agenda." This was a statement by Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Abul Gheit on Nile-TV. It was made on the «Round table show».
Adul Gheit said he had a one-on-one meeting with Obama, where the US President told him that He was still a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father, the step son of Muslim stepfather, that his half brothers in Kenya are Muslims, and that he was sympatetic towards the Muslim agenda.
Adul Gheit claimed Obama told the Arabs to show patience. Obama promised that once he overcame some domestic issues, like the Health care reform, he would show the Muslim World how to deal with Israel.
Source: Israeli magazine, Israel today.
Furthermore, money is lost in the round-trip due to government red tape, overhead, and waste. The economy is weighed down by the burden of suffocating national debt. The private sector is disrupted and undermined, delaying recovery in the employment markets. Moreover, government borrowing depletes the supply of national capital, which would otherwise be available to invest in businesses creating lasting, sustainable private sector jobs.
Government spending is deceptive. Government bailouts and subsidies offer a seductive allure at first, yet end up being destructive and corrupting over time. It takes a sophisticated understanding of economic history to see that government spending to try to buy prosperity leads to ruin in the end.
FDR's Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau confessed that the "New Deal" was a failure in testimony before Congress on May 9, 1939: "We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work." SEE Human Events and The Heritage Foundation
What would happen if the Treasury holds its "auction" of Treasury Bonds... and nobody will lend us any more money? Our entire government could collapse. Imagine no money to print social security checks, no money to pay for Medicare, no money to pay the salaries of government workers. We can no longer live on borrowed money. And I blame both Democrats and Republicans. The irresponsibility has to stop. We must reduce our debt exposure before we find that no one will lend us any more money.
The one big thing everyone wants to know about Tuesday night's primaries is: what about the Tea Parties? What effect are they having on the actual outcome of political races?
There are some political spin-masters who have been trying to present this year's elections in terms of an "anti-incumbent" sentiment, but being "anti-incumbent" is a non-essential, and those who raise this issue are largely using it as a smokescreen. What they're trying to obscure is the role of political ideas. They don't want us asking: why are voters against these particular incumbents at this particular time? Why do they support the incumbent in some races, even while they reject the incumbent in others?
For example, why did Arkansas voters support incumbent Senator Blanche Lincoln in the Democratic primary last night�even while this very same incumbent is 20 points behind in the polls going into the general election against a Republican challenger?
The answer, of course, is that this year's big political trend has been clearly ideological: the Tea Parties are driven by opposition to the runaway growth in the size and power of government. Those who join the Tea Party movement or sympathize with it generally believe in the ideas of individual rights and constitutionally limited government. But the question is: how big an effect is this movement actually having at the polls?
CLICK TO READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
The speaker, John Atlas, is the author of a book on ACORN, "The seeds of Change, the ACORN Story."
Health-care rules may force some to change coverage, leaked document suggests
By Associated PressSaturday, June 12, 2010
President Obama said repeatedly during the health-care debate that people who like their current coverage would be able to keep it. But an early draft of an administration regulation estimates that many employers will be forced to change their health plans under the new law.
In just three years, a majority of workers -- 51 percent -- will be in plans subject to new federal requirements, according to midrange projections in the draft.
"What we are getting here is a clear indication that most plans will have to change," said James Gelfand, health policy director for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. "From an employer's point of view, that's a bad thing. These changes, whether or not they're good for consumers, are most certainly accompanied by a cost."
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said it showed that Obama's assurance that Americans would be able to keep existing plans was "a myth."
"Since its passage, Republican arguments against the bill have been repeatedly vindicated, even as the administration's many promises about the bill have been called into question again and again," McConnell said.
A near-record 49 percent of Americans view the Democratic Party as “too liberal,” according to a USA Today/Gallup poll that also underscores an increasingly positive view of Republicans.
Indeed, the percentage who describe the Republican as “about right” zoomed from 34 percent a year ago to 41 percent now, a Gallup analysis reported today. Last year, 43 percent described the GOP as too conservative, compared with 40 percent now.
The 49 percent who said the Democratic Party is too liberal is 1 point shy of the 50 percent who voiced that opinion 1994, which had been the high mark since Gallup first asked the question in 1992.
Since February 2008, the percentage labeling the Democratic Party "too liberal" rose by 12 points among independents and 8 points among Republicans, with little change among Democrats, Gallup reported. Meanwhile, the percentage who said the Democratic Party is “about right” has declined to 38 percent.
IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY .
IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.
IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.
IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Click on funny symbol with 4 arrows to ENLARGE VIDEO to "full screen"
Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins -- CEO of the foolhardy "Green for All" -- explained how liberal activists work and why they succeed: POLITICS IS A TEAM SPORT. We sometimes think we are out acting as individuals. But you cannot win a football game without working together as a team. And you cannot achieve political goals alone, either.
All of the speakers also emphasized the theme that electing Obama as President is not enough to get what they want. Electing a President and Congress is only a beginning, they stressed. They described how the outside political activism is like the wind in the sail. Activism cannot stop.
To get their agenda passed, a movement cannot count on electing even their friends to office. Political activism in the public arena is still necessary to get thigns done.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
HAWAII Election Official offers to TESTIFY that Obama was NOT born in Hawaii - no Birth Certificate Exists
The former Honolulu elections clerk who says President Obama was "definitely" not born in Hawaii and has no birth certificate from any hospital in the Aloha State says he's willing to testify in court to those facts.
"The things I've said, I don't mind testifying in court," Tim Adams, the senior elections clerk for the city and county of Honolulu in the 2008 campaign, told WND in an exclusive interview.
"I was working there, and this is what it was. I'm not a lawyer, just a civil servant. I know what I know. I know what I was told by the hospitals and by my supervisors."
"There is no birth certificate," he said. "It's like an open secret. There isn't one. Everyone in the government there knows this."
"They told us, 'We don't have a birth certificate for him,'" he said. "They told my supervisor, either by phone or by e-mail, neither one has a document that a doctor signed off on saying they were present at this man's birth."
Almost all of the problems facing America involve a failure of government -- even though the mainstream media and liberal politicians are desperately trying to spin these as failures of business. At worst, they are both.
So almost everything that the Left is arguing and screaming about comes down to the idea that we need to fix government so that government will work. Ilyse Hogue of MoveOn.org, along with others, passionately argued for persuading the country that government is good and can benefit people.
The Left is obsessed with "corporate lobbyists" and "corporate influence." Translation: We know government doesn't work, so we have to blame someone for why government isn't working.
The Left is searching for that "good" government which will make everything wonderful, as opposed to that "bad" government that we are witnessing in every aspect of history and reality.
So they assume that government is good and wonderful and beneficial.... but when it never works out that way, they need an excuse. They have to argue that the wrong people are running government. Evil forces are work.
Or could it be that government really doesn't work?
Someone needs to ask the question: Is there such a thing as this wonderful, good, beneficial government? Does it even exist?
Our Founding Fathers certainly did not believe that government was this wonderful great benefit. They saw government as a (barely) necessary evil that needed to be restrained. Our Founders had to knock heads and fight just to agree on the idea of creating ANY Federal government.
Our country was founded on the belief that GOVERNMENT IS LIKE A FIRE: Extremely dangerous if let out of its boundaries. It can warm us if kept carefully confined. But it can burn down the entire village if it is escapes from its boundaries.
Saturday, June 12, 2010
This was one of many moments of astonishing honesty at the liberal Campaign for America's Future confernece broadcast on C-SPAN from the Omni Shoreham hotel in Washington, DC.
A liberal activist urged the panel to develop an agenda of liberal ideas on energy. Markos Moulitsas of the Daily Kos strongly disagreed, passionately responding that it is a mistake to tell the American people details about the Left's political plans.
Moulitsas argued that the Left should give the public only general, broad themes, and should not reveal the details of what the Left is planning.
He urged liberal activists to "hit them in the heart, not the head" by appealing to emotional responses only.
Huffington attacked -- to broad applause -- Bi-partisanship. Let us have no illusion that the Democrats or liberals have any intention of working together with conservatives or Republicans. Bipartisanship is only a propaganda ploy.
Huffington passionately argued against compromise in politics. She argued that Abraham Lincoln did not suggest freeing the slaves half the time, or between 9 and 5.
Ilyse Hoge of MoveOn.org also beat the same drum, arguing that liberals have to demand more from the Obama Administration in terms of implementing liberal goals. She told a room full of liberal activists that they need to avoid compromise and not accept just some of their goals from Obama.
Bipartisanship is a lie that liberals use to try to weaken the morale and resolve of conservatives. Liberals grab for as much as they can get, but then try to persuade Republicans to give up on conservative goals with false cries of "bipartisanship."
Let there be no illusion: Liberals do not believe in bipartisanship. Huffington portrayed "bipartisanship" as the cause of every problem in America, from the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, to the war on terror, to unemployment. When Republicans are told to give up on their goals in the spirit of bipartisanship, let us remember that liberals do not believe in bipartisanship for themselves.
We may remember that Arianna Huffington was the wife of a supposedly very conservative Republican candidate for the US Senate in California. After her husband lost, the mask came off, and Huffington revealed herself as the hypocrite that she is. She lied and pretended to be a conservative Republican when her husband had a shot at becoming a US Senator.
Because he ran against Obama in Illinois for the U.S. Senate in 2004, he knows as much about Obama as anyone. We need more Harvard grads like Alan Keyes.
In this video, Keyes explains why Obama a Communist and a Usurper.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Liberals passionately believe that they have a right to seize private property from other people simply because they want it. They do not believe in the rights of private property. They believe in only the rights of the collective (communism).
Liberals believe that the collective has all power and rights and authority, while the individual has NO rights. Their core philosophy is Marxism: The collective (meaning the elites in government) have 100% of all the rights in the society, and the individual has NO rights.
Therefore, if people simply want to TAKE what a person has, liberals believe they have the right to steal. In fact, when confronted with this, the challenge baffles them completely. They sputter with outrage at the suggestion that the government might not have the right to trample on everyone's rights and steal whatever people own. They don't even understand the question.
Liberals fixate on the rich. However, the only reason the rich are of interest is that there is no profit in stealing from the poor. The rich are simply today's target of opportunity. The rich are the ones who have things worth stealing. But the "collective" will trample on everyone's rights to take whatever it desires and to suppress whatever it does not like.
However, the following article actually reveals both the abuse of the Federal Reserve by big-government, the very serious dangerous situation we are in, and the folly of big government socialism. This will make your hair stand on end. It is so long I will not excerpt it. Click on it and read when you have some time.
Fed Manipulations in the Crosshairs
The only error I see in the article is that the regional Federal Reserve Banks are NOT privately owned, despite the huge uproar everywhere insisting that private banks own the Federal Reserve. Banks active in each region must contribute "capital" to the operation of the 12 regional banks, and they receive a certificate called a share. However, THEY DO NOT GET TO VOTE on anything about the regional bank. They are not owners. They have NO say in the operation of the regional banks.
The Federal Reserve Bank issues non-voting stock. But the laws and rules of the Federal Reserve Bank make these non-voting shares meaningless in reality. The US Government owns and controls the Federal Reserve Bank, including the 12 regional banks.
The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve are nominated by the US President and confirmed by the US Senate. They are subject to the laws and regulations of US Federal government employees, including prohibitions on conflicts of interest.
So the hysterical propaganda you will see is false. But that does not excuse bad decisions by government bureaucrats and officials. That does not make the actions of the Federal Reserve "okay." Not by a long shot. That does not prevent the Federal Reserve from making lots of stupid and dangerous decisions. And it looks like we are in a very dangerous situation.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
The report that was sent to lawmakers Friday night with no fanfare said the ratio of debt to the gross domestic product would rise to 102 percent by 2015 from 93 percent this year.
“The president’s economic experts say a 1 percent increase in GDP can create almost 1 million jobs, and that 1 percent is what experts think we are losing because of the debt’s massive drag on our economy,” said Republican Representative Dave Camp, who publicized the report.
This fad is complete nonsense, but it does reveal the purely Marxist agenda of the Democrat Party of today.
While keeping the argument vague and confusing, the unfocused blather about "corporations" is intended to undermine private enterprise, private property rights, and the entire free enterprise system. It is designed to incite the public into communist ideas of government control over the market place. Liberals (also known as Marxists by those who are informed and honset) are engaged in a campaign to trash private busienss to pave the way for government control over every aspect of society.
A corporation is simply a group of people working together for a common goal.
Actually, about 70% of all corporations (I estimate) are individuals in business by themselves: One single solo dentist or bookkeeper or mechanic or painter, etc. who is advised to incorporate. Most corporations are one single person. Probably 90% of all corporations involve fewer than 10 people, by my estimation. Your local donut shop, dry cleaner, car mechanic, lawn care company, pest control, bicycle shop -- these are almost all corporations even if not related to a chain.
A corporation is simply A GROUP OF PEOPLE who work together for a common purpose.
THE ACLU IS A CORPORATION.
THE SIERRA CLUB IS A CORPORATION.
THE DEMOCRAT NATIONAL COMMITTEE IS A CORPORATION.
MOVEON.org IS A CORPORATION.
THE NEW YORK TIMES IS A CORPORATION.
THE HUFFINGTON POST IS A CORPORATION.
Etc. (I don't have time to give a billion examples).
So to rant incoherently about "corporations" is hogwash. All this blather about corporations makes as much sense as talking about computers as the cause of all evil. PENS and PAPER are used to do bad things, so PENS & PAPER must be evil.... ???
A corporation (like any other kind of business) involves someone's private property.
People can do whatever they want with their private property.
Whether it is ONE (1) person using their private property by themselves or 100 people pooling their private property.... it is still private property.
It is still none of your damn business. You have no right to tell them what they can do with their private property.
"Society" has no right to tell them what they can do with their private property.
But this is the point of communism, and the goal of modern liberalism: The idea that the collective has a right to control you and your property. They deny private property. They believe that "the collective" -- the government -- can dictat what everyone can do with their own propery.
WEST PALM BEACH — Rear-end collisions more than doubled and accidents increased overall in the first 70 days of red-light cameras in West Palm Beach compared to the same period of 2009, traffic records reviewed by The Palm Beach Post show.
United Kingdom Income Tax: 50% VAT: 17.5% TOTAL: 67.5%
Germany Income Tax: 45% VAT: 19% TOTAL: 64%
France Income Tax: 40% VAT: 19.6% TOTAL: 59.6%
Greece Income Tax: 40% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 65%
Spain Income Tax: 45% VAT: 16% TOTAL: 61%
Portugal Income Tax: 42% VAT: 20% TOTAL: 62%
Sweden Income Tax: 55% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 80%
Norway Income Tax: 54.3% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 79.3%
Netherlands Income Tax: 52% VAT: 19% TOTAL: 71%
Denmark Income Tax: 58% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 83%
Finland Income Tax: 53% VAT: 22% TOTAL: 75%
If you've started to wonder what the real costs of "socialism" are going to be, once the full program in these United States hits your wallet, take a look at the table. As you digest these mind-boggling figures, keep in mind that in spite of these astronomical tax rates, these countries are still not financing their social welfare programs exclusively from tax revenues! They are deeply mired in public debt of gargantuan proportions. Greece has reached the point where its debt is so huge it is in imminent danger ofdefaulting. That is the reason the European economic community has intervened to bail them out. If you're following the financial news, you know Spain and Portugal are right behind Greece.
The United States is now heading right down the same path. The "VAT" tax in the table is the national sales tax that Europeans pay. Stay tuned because that is exactly what you can expect to see the administration proposing after the fall elections. The initial percentage in the United States isn't going to be anywhere near the outrageous numbers you now see in Europe. Guess what, the current outrageous numbers in Europe didn't start out as outrageous either. They started out as miniscule-right around the 1% or 2% where they will start out in the United States. Magically however, they ran up over the years to where they are now. Expect the same thing here.
It's time to rethink the 'American Dream' idea: It is the notion that with hard work and perseverance, anybody can get ahead economically here. Do you think that can ever happen with tax rates between 60% and 80%? Think again. With the government taking that percentage of your money, your life will be exactly like life in Europe. You will never be able to buy a home. You will never buy a car. You will never send your children to college. Let's not shuffle the battle cry of the socialists under the rug either. It's always the same cry. "Equalize" income. "Spread the wealth" to the "poor" (whoever they are). "Level" the economic playing field. Accomplish that and everything will be rosy.
It's time to take a really hard look at reality. Greece is a perfect example.
Despite the "socialism" system that has ruled this country for decades, with a 65% tax rate, they are drowning in public debt, would have defaulted without hundreds of billions in bailout money, and still. . .20% of their population lives in "poverty." What has all that "socialism" money bought, besides ultimate power for the politicians running the show? Do you think these people are "free"? They're not. They are slaves to their economic "system."
We are at a tipping point in America. We all know it. Turn this around right now or your grandchildren will be massing in the streets of this once-great country, just as the people of Greece now are. Economic slavery is slavery, just the same. Carefully and deeply consider what it takes to throw off the yoke of slavery, once it takes hold and settles over your neck.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
June 8, 2010
Chinese internet addicts stage mutiny at boot camp
Fourteen young detainees overcame their guard and fled a boot camp regime of physical training and psychological treatment designed to cure their addiction — to the internet.
The group, aged 15 to 22, staged their mass breakout by grabbing a duty supervisor when he was in bed and immobilising him in his quilt.
It is the latest incident to highlight the sometimes brutal techniques employed at camps across China to wean young people off the internet. A 15-year-old boy was beaten to death last year days after he was admitted to a camp. Last month a court sentenced two instructors to up to ten years in jail for the incident.
The China Youth Association for Network Development estimates that about 24 million Chinese adolescents are addicted to the internet, many to gaming sites.